1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all details that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible party pursuant to Article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) is CDU Kreisverband Gifhorn, Lena Düpont, Steinweg 5, 38518 Gifhorn, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org (see our imprint).
(3) When you contact us by email or via a contact form, the data you provide (your email address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data gathered in this context after storage is no longer necessary, or we restrict processing if there are statutory retention obligations.
(4) If we commission service providers for specific functions or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes as outlined below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) In the case of purely informational use of our website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 (f) EU-GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request came
- Operating system and interface
- Browser software language and version
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on the hard drive assigned to the browser you are using. They provide the party setting the cookie (in this case, us) with certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet presentation more user-friendly and effective.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see #2)
- Persistent cookies (see #3)
- Transient cookies, more specifically session cookies, are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These cookies store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the joint session. This enables your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
4 Other website functions and services
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you generally have to give further personal details which we use to provide the respective service and for which the abovementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These service providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, they are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the service offered.
5 Objection or withdrawal of permission to process your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. This revocation of your consent will affect the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have informed us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on a balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the fulfilment of a contract with you. This is shown by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should no longer process your personal data. In the event of your justified objection, we will review the situation and discontinue/adapt the data processing or show you compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) You can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. Simply inform us of your objection to advertising using the following contact details: CDU Kreisverband Gifhorn, Lena Düpont, Steinweg 5, 38518 Gifhorn, Germany, email@example.com.
Lena Düpont and her team regularly use WhatsApp messages to provide information about European politics. These messages are created by staff members and not automated. This also enables us to quickly and easily answer your questions to Lena. We use your mobile number for this purpose. This number is used exclusively for the delivery of messages or for communicating with you and is not passed on or made visible to other WhatsApp subscribers.
Each subscriber is included in a so-called ‘broadcast list’ with a maximum of 256 people. This allows us to send information to several subscribers at the same time. Any replies to these messages are not visible to other subscribers and all communications remain on a 1:1 level between Lena Düpont/her team and the subscriber.
We only use the personal data that you have provided to WhatsApp, specifically your name, device, profile picture and the messages exchanged via the service, which may also include images or videos that you voluntarily provide to us. To enable us to show you regionally specific content, you also have the option to provide us with your postcode. This data is only stored on a local smartphone located in Germany, from which the messages are also sent.
You can deactivate our WhatsApp service at any time without giving any reason by sending the word “Stop” to our WhatsApp number. If you want to have all data deleted, send the message “Delete all data”.
7 Newsletter #Europakompakt
We use the double-opt-in procedure to register for our newsletter. This means that after you have entered your email address, we will send you a confirmation email to the specified email address in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm this within 48 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted.
If you confirm your wish to receive the newsletter, we will store your email address until you unsubscribe. This data is stored for the sole purpose of sending you the newsletter. Furthermore, we store your IP addresses and the times of registration and confirmation in order to prevent misuse of your personal data.
The only data required for sending the newsletter is your email address. The provision of further, separately marked information is voluntary.
You can withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter at any time by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email or contact us directly at our contact address. The data you provide will not be passed on to third parties.
The consent you have given is worded as follows: “I consent to the processing of the above data for the purpose of sending the Lena Düpont newsletter by Europabüro Lena Düpont, Steinweg 5, 38518 Gifhorn, Germany, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Insofar as my above-mentioned data provide indications of my ethnic origin, religion, political views or health, my consent also applies to this information.
My consent to receive the newsletter can be withdrawn at any time (by unsubscribing in the newsletter or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the contact details given in the imprint).
For our newsletter, we use the services of sendinblue/Newsletter2Go. This provider’s servers are located in Germany and German data protection law applies. You can obtain further information here.
We would like to point out that when sending the newsletter, we evaluate your user behaviour with regard to clicks and openings of the newsletter. No further tracking is carried out. This evaluation is handled exclusively by the service provider.